Enabling Our Members Voices To Be Heard
The Nova Scotia Choral Federation offers Professional Development Assistance for activities or programs which would increase the value of an adult's professional or business life. Assistance may also be applied to selected amateur or volunteer activities.
Amount of Sponsorship
- $1500.00 per fiscal year.
- Up to $250.00 per individual.
- The amount will be no more than half of the cost of the program. The cost of the program could include tuition, travel or accommodation.
Dates of Application
- January 15 (Decision by January 30)
- June 15 (Decision by June 30)
Criteria for Eligibility
- Applicant must be a member of NSCF (this may occur retroactively).
- Age 18 or over at date of application.
- NSCF programs may be eligible.
- Sponsorship is limited to one program per person per fiscal year.
- Sponsorship will not be awarded to the same person for the same program for two years in a row.
- Financial need is not necessarily a criterion.
- Decisions are at the discretion of the committee.
- The applicant must state what benefit the program would be to him/her and to NSCF.
- The applicant must state why he/she requires the assistance.
- No consideration will be given to requests for retroactive funding.
- The applicant must be a Nova Scotia resident.
Please Note: Applicants must register for a camp program before they will be considered for a bursary. Camp registration fees are refundable until July 4. The deadlines for bursary applications are January 15 with notification by January 30 and June 15 with notification by June 30.