CMWC Halifax seeks Musical Director
The Canadian Military Wives Choirs (CMWC) is a three-part women’s choir and
all members are closely associated with the military, either by marriage or by
occupation. We come together weekly to sing, make new friends, and have fun.
No musical experience is necessary. The choirs are all about support — both
vocal and personal.
The CMWC Halifax is looking for an experienced keyboard musician and vocal
conductor to fill the role of our Musical Director, including choir leadership,
keyboard accompaniment, and creating practice tracks. The Musical Director will
work closely with the President and the executive members of the choir.
• Organize regular rehearsals (Monday evenings) for members to improve
performance skills, and establish repertoire for use in upcoming events.
• Conduct the choir when we perform, possibly monthly depending on demand.
The season runs from beginning of September to end of June. March break and
holidays are observed from practice and most events.
• Foster an atmosphere of productive yet relaxed, cheerful learning and creativity,
sensitive to the needs of each individual while being supportive to the military
• Provide additional pre-event rehearsal when required.
• Regular use of email, Facebook and Dropbox is required for communication of
• Ability to be dedicated to a regular practice schedule and periodic event
• Weekend and evening availability are essential.
• Experienced keyboard musician (organ and/or piano) preferably with music or
• Familiarity with SOCAN licenses, copyright and performance law, Dropbox and
recording rehearsal tracks.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position; however, only those
selected for an interview will be contacted. Both male and female applicants will
be considered. If you have a passion for directing musical talent in our military
community and possess the qualifications listed above, please forward your
resume, along with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org .