NSCF seeks Sing Summer Camp Cook/Kitchen Supervisor
Sing Summer Camp Cook/Kitchen Supervisor
Berwick August 9-25
As kitchen supervisor and head cook, you will be leading a small team (2-3 cooks) 3-4 servers/dishwashers, ordering and maintaining stock/inventory within budget, preparing meals and overseeing the day to day running of the kitchen, including cleaning the equipment, checking supplies and rotating food stock. You’ll be responsible for catering to a limited number of special diets such as, vegetarian, celiac, and gluten free. Sing summer camps provide three meals a day for our clientele – breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as two evening events with cheese, crackers and vegetable and dip. It is a 16-day contract and room and board are provided on site. We are looking for somebody who is comfortable in a camp kitchen environment, a variety of equipment (camp) and who likes to be hands on.
• Ordering and organizing the inventory storage
• Helping to plan menus, apportion ingredients and use food surpluses • Meal preparation and cooking
• Making sure the kitchen is a safe and hygienic place to work
• Managing the kitchen help 1-2 prep cooks and volunteer dishwashers and dining room servers
• Control portion costs by working out the number of portions per food batch
What sort of hours will I work?
This is a 17-day camp with 5 programs
• Program 1 (NSYC) will involve feeding up to 45 young adults three meals a day Friday to Sunday.
• Program 2 (CCW) adds up to 25 persons for meal times on Sunday and Monday morning breakfast.
• Program 3 Monday dinner to Saturday Lunch involves feeding up to 100 adults
• Program 4&5 Sunday dinner to Saturday Lunch involves two sittings for each mealtime with approximately 100 meals per sitting. There is a half hour between sittings and the clients are children and chaperones.
• Experience of working in a fast paced kitchen chef
• Some management experience will help
• Ability to multitask
• Health and safety or food hygiene qualifications are crucial
• Ability to work long days and weekends
• Ability to work in fast paced environment
• Attention to details in work is important. • Food and safety certificate. – WHMIS certified
To apply, contact: email@example.com