Nova Scotia Choral Federation and Theatre Nova Scotia Office Administrative Assistant (Part Time Permanent)
Nova Scotia Choral Federation and Theatre Nova Scotia
Office Administrative Assistant (Part Time Permanent)
Summary: The Office Administrative Assistant is responsible for completing accounts receivable tasks, processing memberships, processing library loans (NSCF), registrations, providing administrative support to programs of the organizations.
• Receive memberships via telephone, mail or online; enter data into software; process payments and create receipts
• Receive registrations via telephone, mail or online; enter data into software; process payments and track all related tasks, coordinating with other departments as necessary
• Receive and process library request and returns via telephone, mail or online; enter data into software; process late or replacement payments and track all related tasks, coordinating with other departments as necessary
• Send invoices, track accounts receivable
• Send payments, track accounts payable
• Process credit card, cash and cheques
• Photocopying, maintaining records, filing
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Undergraduate degree or diploma in administration
• Proficiency with database software
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Experience in CSM websites and forms
• Related experience
Attention to Detail: Accomplishes a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Highly organized and attentive to detail. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
Communication: Able to write in a variety of communication settings and styles; orally communicates positively in a variety of formal and informal settings; actively listens.
Customer Service: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of members and customers. Is respectful of others, helping or serving them to meet their needs
Teamwork: Works cooperatively, with a positive attitude with others to achieve common goals. Keeps other team members up to date. Addresses conflicts or issues within the team in a positive and open manner.
Deadline for applications: Sept 25, 2017
Work location: Cultural Federations of Nova Scotia, 1113 Marginal Rd.
Hours: 24 hours per week, Monday-Friday, schedule to be determined within Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Remuneration: $15 per hour
Anticipated start date: October 2, 2017
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.