The Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo is Looking for Choir Members
The Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo is looking for choir members in all sections for our Adult Choir. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be part of the excitement of The Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo? If you love to sing, and are in Grade 9 or older, this could be your opportunity to find out!
For the first time in two years, there will be a live show in June/July. Commitment has been received by European groups and planning is well under way. The choir begins rehearsals in May on Sunday evenings. The intensity and frequency in the Scotia Bank Centre begins near the middle of June. Here is a very early rough draft of the rehearsal schedule:
June 14 – 17 Evening rehearsals – beginning at 1900 hrs
June 18 – 19 Some day and some evening rehearsals (this is when the foreign acts arrive)
June 20 – 22 Evening rehearsals
June 23 Student Matinee (first dress rehearsal) – begins at 10:00
June 24 Second Dress rehearsal (Could be afternoon or evening)
June 25 Preview show 19:00
June 27 Evening performances 19:00
June 26, July 1-2 Matinee shows 14:00
Some things to consider:
- sight reading skills are an asset.
- memorization of all music is required.
- we perform on a stage built over the arena floor.
- there will be no social distancing on the stage.
- while performing, we will not be wearing masks.
- we move quickly in the dark while loading and unloading the set.
- costume parts are provided, white shirt/blouses and long black skirts/pants are not.
- you will receive two complimentary tickets to the Preview show
- you will receive a cast T-Shirt
This information is meant to be helpful for any prospective choral singers. If interested, please contact the Tattoo Office at: email@example.com and mention Choir in the subject box.