Chicago A Capella – HerVoice: The Emerging Women Composer Competition
Chicago a cappella is pleased to announce the expansion of its recently announced competition and mentorship program for women composers, “HerVoice.” The project is now in partnership with the Grammy Award winning Kansas City Chorale, and composer Stacy Garrop will now be joined by Zanaida Robles and Chen Yi on the composer selection/mentor panel.
This opportunity is open to women of all ages from anywhere in the world. It is intended to promote the work of promising composers and provide hands-on training to further their skills in choral composition. We are seeking composers who are eager to improve their skill at choral composition in particular. Women composers whose career is in its early stages and women composers of color are particularly encouraged to apply.
• Submission deadline: April 1, 2021
• Short interviews (phone or online) for finalists: April 1-30, 2021
• Decision announcement: May 1, 2021
• Mentoring sessions, initial rehearsal, and group discussions: between May 1-Sept. 15, 2021
• Final version of piece completed by Sept. 15, 2021
For more details, click here.