Choir Director, Dartmouth Choral Society
The DARTMOUTH CHORAL SOCIETY seeks a Choral Director to start September 2023
We are searching for a director who will continue to provide enjoyable and musically challenging experiences for our members.
The Dartmouth Choral Society is a four-part, non-auditioned 60 member community choir. We are the longest continuously performing community choir in Nova Scotia, soon entering our 70th year of singing and performing for the community. Throughout its history the Dartmouth Choral Society has provided an artistic opportunity for members to sing some of the great choral works from the renaissance to the contemporary.
Our choral year consists of two terms, September to December, rehearsing weekly to present a Seasonal Concert, and January to April/May culminating in a Spring Concert. The Choir may participate in other concerts/performances at the discretion of the Director.
The responsibilities of the Director include in part:
- the selection of music and liaising with the librarian to acquire music
- notifying the accompanist in advance of musical selections for each rehearsal
- conducting weekly 2 hour rehearsals
- providing musical instruction to the choir
- holding auditions as required to determine the appropriate range for a voice or to
- preparing the choir for at least two concerts per year and directing these concerts
- recommending guest performers for concerts
- consulting regularly with the President on matters of choir administration such as
concert dates, venues, program content, suggested honoraria for guest performers
and on choir progress.
The application deadline is March 24th, 2023. Applications should be sent electronically to the Selection Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact the President Bep Demings: email@example.com