Job Posting – Sing Summer Head Cook
Dates: Saturday, August 13th – Saturday, August 27th, 2022
Location: Berwick United Church Campgrounds
As kitchen supervisor and head cook, you will be leading a team consisting of an assistant cook and youth hired for dishwashing and food service duties. In addition, the head cook will be responsible for preparing meals and overseeing the day to day running of the kitchen, including cleaning the equipment, checking supplies and rotating food stock. You’ll be responsible for catering to a limited number of special diets such as vegetarian, vegan, celiac, and gluten-free. The camp cook will be responsible for the preparation of 3 meals per day and light refreshments to be served to campers. We are looking for somebody who is comfortable in a camp kitchen environment and with a variety of equipment (camp) and who likes to be hands-on. Accommodations will be provided to the selected candidate on the Berwick United Church Campgrounds.
- Ordering and organizing the inventory storage
- Planning menus, apportion ingredients and use food surpluses
- Meal preparation and cooking
- Maintaining a clean kitchen, including all equipment, pots, and pans
- Making sure the kitchen is a safe and hygienic place to work
- Managing the kitchen and dining room staff
- Control portion costs by working out the number of portions per food batch
Sing Summer consists of multiple programs with varying enrolment numbers. The two core programs are our Junior & Youth Choir Camp (which runs from August 14th – 20th) and our Adult Choir Camp (which runs from August 22nd – 27th). The first week will consist of 3 meals per day for approximately 75 campers and staff. The second week will consist of 3 meals per day for approximately 100 campers and staff. Additional programs over the weekends will mean additional participants at select meal times. This will be communicated in advance to the head cook.
Compensation for this role will be $2500. Employment Insurance and Canada Pension Plan amounts will be deducted.
- Experience of working in a fast paced kitchen chef
- Some management experience will help
- Ability to multitask
- Health and safety or food hygiene qualifications are essential to this position
- Ability to work long days and weekends
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Attention to details in work is important.
- Food and safety certificate. – WHMIS certified
To apply, contact: email@example.com