Updates to COVID-19 Restrictions – February 9th, 2022
Provincewide COVID-19 restrictions will be eased over three phases, starting Monday, February 14. The NSCF has provided a summary of relevant restrictions for our membership. To view a full report of the restrictions, visit: https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20220209007
Guidelines for Sports, Arts and Culture
- professional and amateur sports participants (like players, coaches and referees) and arts and culture participants (like actors, performers and directors) are limited to 60 indoors and outdoors
- they can have practices, training, regular league games, rehearsals and performances; tournaments are not allowed
- physical distance is not required; masks are recommended when possible indoors and outdoors
- spectators are allowed following the formal gathering limit.
Guidelines for Gathering Limits
- the formal gathering limit for gatherings and events hosted by a recognized business or organization will be 50 per cent of capacity indoors and outdoors during Phase 1.
- examples of formal gatherings include festivals, special events, social gatherings, regular faith services, wedding ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and associated visitation, receptions, meetings, training, and spectators at sports events, performances and movie theatres.
Guidelines for Faith Services, Weddings and Funerals
- regular faith services, weddings, funerals and associated receptions and visitation hosted by a recognized business or organization follow the formal gathering limit
- performers follow limits for arts and culture participants and masks are recommended for choirs; congregational singing is allowed, but masks are required