The Nova Scotia Choral Federation is located within Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People. This territory is covered by the “Treaties of Peace and Friendship”. We acknowledge and honour the Mi’kmaq people who have cared for and continue to care for this land. The Nova Scotia Choral Federation is continuing to learn and evolve, to walk together with Mi’kmaq peoples in the preservation and celebration of cultural traditions.
The Nova Scotia Choral Federation is the provincially recognized organization whose mandate is to encourage, promote, celebrate and advocate for choral music in Nova Scotia. We provide programs and services for the choral community and manage our Choral Library which is available as a member benefit.
Nova Scotia Choral Federation is seeking to hire a motivated, experienced individual to oversee and coordinate the bookkeeping and overall accounting services for the organization.
Are you an experienced Bookkeeper/ Accounting professional interested in working in the creative sector?
This position will:
- Maintain and balance the general ledger in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner
- Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, coding, and processing payments
- Perform account receivable functions including invoicing, deposits, conduct reconciliation of all accounts on an as needed basis
- This position will perform payroll functions in an accurate and timely manner, and submit payroll taxes as necessary
- Issuing T4’s and T4A’s as required annually before February 28th and submit HST returns as required
- Prepare financial reports through collection, analysis, and summarization of data
- Compile financial information and reporting required for grant reporting, including regular financial reports to funders.
- Provide all information to auditor annually as needed
- Recording all year-end entries in Accounting software as per auditor
- Work closely with the Executive Director to prepare regular financial reports, and analysis of related statistics to support organizational reporting and decision making.
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work in order to ensure compliance with applicable standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent related experience and training
- 3-5 years’ experience working in accounting and bookkeeping
- Experience working with not-for-profit organizations
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient skills in Simple Accounting/SAGE 50, Microsoft Excel
- Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and general leger
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
This position offers flexible hours, with a hybrid remote/work from home arrangement (COVID dependent).
Occasional attendance at meetings to assist in providing financial reports and information. (Infrequently)
$20-$35/hour To be determined based on qualifications and experience
Total hours per week are estimated between 8-10 hrs.
TERM This is a contract position.
CLOSING DATE February 14, 2022
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume as a single document to email@example.com Please send with Bookkeeper in the subject line.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.